Athletics Leader – 1 Day £75
Who should go on this course? (16+)
The course is primarily for those working with young athletes or athletes in the early stages of the athlete development pathway. The course is aimed particularly at adults – parents and grandparents and those that are helping out at their local club.
- The Athletics Leader Award is a one day attendance only course enabling Leaders to help at athletics sessions in a club based setting working from task cards. Prior to attending the course candidates are expected to view a selection of task cards on uCoach to familiarise themselves with their layout and content.
- The Leader will work with modified athletics equipment operating from a series of task cards designed to include run, jump and throw activities for the Fundamentals, Foundation and Event Group Development stages of athlete development.
- Once qualified, Athletics Leaders will work under the supervision of an Athletics Coach in a club environment. They will be insured to lead a focused component of a session, ensure it is organised and safe, whilst under the direct supervision of a Coach within visual and audible range.
- This award is not a coaching qualification although it is a recommended entry pathway towards coaching. It covers the core skills of organisation, safety, instruction and explanation, organising groups and managing behaviour.
The Athletics Leaders Award covers the following topic areas:
- The role and responsibilities of an Athletics Leader
- Working relationship with Supervising Coach
- Principles of running, jumping and throwing
- Run, jump and throw task cards
- Warm ups for children
- Athlete development
- Behaviour management
- Factors influencing performance
- Leadership skills: Safety, Organisation, Instruction and Explanation, Demonstration.
DON'T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD YOUR ENHANCED CHECK ACCESS NI FORM
Applications submitted without Enhanced Access NI Form, passport photo and payment will NOT be accepted.
New volunteers and coaches should also submit an ID validation form which should be completed by your Club Secretary.
Leaders (1 course)
17th Nov 2013 NILEAD006 (UUJ)
ENHANCED ACCESS NI CHECK
ACCESS NI ID VALIDATION FORM
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM